Professor J. Bryan Bennett, MBA, CPA, LSSGB (Contact Me)
Professor Bennett is a Healthcare Futurist with extensive experience creating and implementing healthcare transforming solutions in both the acute care and ambulatory settings. He is the author of the books, Prescribing Leadership in Healthcare: Curing the Challenges Facing Today’s Healthcare Leaders and Competing on Healthcare Analytics: The Foundational Approach to Population Health Analytics.
Professor Bennett is the founder and Executive Director for the Healthcare Center of Excellence (HCOE), a privately-funded research, training and consulting organization established to help healthcare organizations transition to be more analytics-focused. He started the HCOE after hearing the challenges healthcare executives were having implementing predictive analytics programs. Many were concerned with ‘reinventing the wheel’ when it comes to analytics since successes experienced by other healthcare organizations was not being shared and they were challenged with identifying and keeping analytical talent.
He has been recognized as one of the top African-American Leaders in Healthcare for 2018, 2019 and 2020 by Becker’s Hospital Review.
He has also authored books, whitepapers and articles for several organizations.
His consulting work has led to the identification of the market for Rogaine for Women for Pharmacia and to the creation of Microsoft’s first internal global analytics group. Other clients he has impacted include: Alexian Brothers Health Systems, NCH Medical Group, United Stationers, Conseco Insurance, State Farm Insurance, BellSouth, Conseco Insurance, Chase Bank, Erie Insurance Group, and Comerica Bank.
Bryan’s is an experienced college professor with teaching experience that includes:
- Adjunct professor and predictive analytics subject matter expert for Northwestern University’s School of Professional Studies where he teaches in the Business Analytics for Practitioners and Business Analytics for Decision Makers programs. He also teaches for the Organization Behavior: Business Leadership program. His marketing class is the only undergraduate marketing class taught at the University.
- Adjunct professor for leadership, business analytics and marketing analytics courses for Judson University’s top-ranked Organizational Leadership graduate program and well as other adult professional programs.
Professor Bennett has also been on the faculty of:
- University of Chicago’s Graham School of Continuing Liberal and Professional Studies.
- West Virginia University’s Integrated Marketing Communications and Data Marketing Communications graduate programs;
- Loyola University of Chicago’s Healthcare Management Executive MBA program.
Bryan has a Master of Business Administration degree from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management with concentrations in Management Policy, Management Information Systems, Marketing and Finance. He has a Bachelor of Science degree from Butler University with a major in Accounting.
Mr. Bennett has also achieved the following certifications:
- Certified Data Scientist – An analytical data expert with the technical skills to solve complex problems – and the curiosity to explore what problems need to be solved. Part mathematician, part computer scientist and part trendspotter.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (LSSGB) – Six Sigma seeks to improve the quality output of process by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes. It uses a set of quality management methods, mainly empirical and statistical methods.
- Project Management Professional (trained) – Project management is the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to unique and temporary projects and the activities to meet the project requirements. Project management processes fall into five groups: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling and closing.
- Certified Adjunct Faculty Educator – The designation of Certified Adjunct Faculty Educator (C.A.F.E.) denotes proven expertise in SoCAFE’s 10 Core Competencies. Institutions of higher education can hire a C.A.F.E. and be confident that the individual has demonstrated the knowledge and skills needed to provide students with a quality learning experience. Certification provides adjunct faculty an opportunity to distinguish and differentiate themselves as being “first among equals.”
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – CPAs attest to the reasonableness of disclosures, the freedom from material misstatement, and the adherence to the applicable generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) in financial statements.